Sunday, December 6, 2009

birrell collection

i pulled this jewel out today. when i look at what mom did with her wood, i remember what it was like as we laid all of them on the lawn, sprayed them and bagged them, set up quilted bear, watching mom as she licked the pain brush after she put their eyes on, having containers full of paint wash, and neighbors who helped dropping wood off. she is so talented and can do anything she wants...i guess i love anything that reminds me of being little again. when did life become so fast?
-ash

3 comments:

Birrell Family said...

Boy styles have changed! Did I tell you that I have seen some of my stuff at thrift stores AND antique stores? It was all a team effort that's for sure :)

Brittany and Scott said...

i wish i had some of your mom's stuff. i agree she is so talented, but than again so are you :)

Becky said...

I love that wood santa. Ashlee,I know you will cherish it as you do the memories in helping your mom make it.