mom came over last night to say hi (well truthfully, i went over to dad & mom's house to get more jars for the jam...of course i can't just make one batch). she came into my jam production room and said "oh ashlee". i know, i know. but i had the strawberries and i wanted to make jam. plus paul wanted to have more of a variety...not just peach every morning. i made 6 batches (each batch makes 5 jars...you do the math). i must say the jam is glorious... let me point out some of my "must haves while i cook/bake"...
1-a movie (or music)-in this case i am watching 'that touch of mink' with doris day and cary grant
2-something to munch on-white cheddar cheez-it
3-lots of dishes to dirty up really well
4-an accent where i pretend i am the host of a cooking show (that means no one else is with me)
i have way to much fun! i will say that if i could have it my way, i would be able to stay home all day and cook my heart out!
-ash
5 comments:
This sounds like my kind of day! I can't believe you do it on the floor though, I would make WAY too big of a mess. I haven't made strawberry jam this year yet...I need to get crackin'!
You are my kind of girl. I can't just do one recipe either. Your peach freezer jam inspired me and I've got 3 more flats of strawberries being delivered next week for freezer jam! I put 10 flats of whole strawberries in the freezer last week. Love, from one homemaker to another!
We are blessed you live close by... and I know where the key is to your freezer. You come from me... if 5 is good, 30 is better! You bring me joy and make me smile :)
ash if only we lived closer. i love watching doris day movies too and i have never made jam so i could learn so many cooking tips from you. p.s. i hadn't heard the rumor about the slc temple. thanks for keeping me in the loop.
I finally made mine yesterday- this post stuck in my head and I just couldn't miss out!
My experience wasn't near as awesome- no movies or music, no munchies, but the accent and dirty dishes were there :)
Post a Comment