okay, i must say that i am awful with this whole blogging thing. i had a great talk with mom about it yesterday, and i feel somewhat better about it. you see, i have some of mom's traits in me. one of them is dispersing my time. i either blog for 3 hours at a time, or not at all. i either scrapbook for 3 hours at a time, or not at all. i make dinner that takes 1.5 hours, or not at all...do you see where i am going with this? i can't seem to do a little here and there. it is all or nothing sometimes. plus, it gets really boring with just paul and i. we don't do a whole lot, just try to stay busy with work, eat and sleep. mom also said that i can take little pictures of what brings me joy, what i am working on, some of my favorite things and who i love most! so, i guess what i am trying to say is so sorry to becky and mom for having to look at the beef stick for the last 2 weeks. i will really try to be better with keeping my life balanced. (also i know becky wants to see what we are up to especially when she is back east). so here we go...
we live in a pretty darn old house. the windows and walls are drafty, and heat doesn't stay inside very well. our first winter in our home, we would go to bed at night and have a thin sheet of ice on our walls. i mean cold. then we decided we couldn't live this way (i couldn't live this way) and paul got a little space heater. i mean little. i would leave the house frozen, go to work and thaw out, come home and keep my coat and scarf on. we had a furnace, but it didn't do much and our bill was ridiculous. we finally got smart...we got our wood stove up to code and burnt wood last year. we turned off our gas and our home was nice and toasty! heaven!!! (sometimes too toasty) then this year, paul bought a load of coal. much smarter. it burns longer, more even...i am so glad we can keep even warmer this winter!
-ash
3 comments:
I get to be the first to comment! I admit I check your blog daily. I feel my life isn't as interesting as your mom's either. She seems to be on the go all the time...with her camera. I love your blog Ashlee. Sister, you and I can relate to one another! Brings back the days of our wood stove in the VA farm house. That was the only source of heat in our house too. It was alot of work and good memories. We both will never take heat for granted. So cuddle up with Paul and make memories...You are a blessing to me Ashlee. I love you so much.
Hey! My life is not that interesting, I just blog about the little things. If I waited for the big things, they are few and far in between sometimes.
I do take a lot of pictures... I can't help it! Your home Ash does remind me of Becky's in Virginia, lot's of wonderful memories. And yes, you are a blessing to us all... a HUGE one. Your home may be cold in temperature, but it is warm in love & spirit.
I love you! Mom
It was good seeing you today- thanks for your blog info.
I so know what you mean about posting. I go through phases as well. I find that even the everyday mundane stuff is hard for me to post because then I feel so 'mundane'.
And the old cold house! Same here- ours was build in 1920! We have a fireplace but I am so sketchy to light a fire in it- maybe a chimney sweep (are there people that even do that anymore?) could look at it. I love wood burning stoves. Hope it has helped!
Post a Comment