Monday, December 8, 2008

hickory farms tradition

one night during the month of december, paul and i get hickory farms and watch a movie. this is a tradition my family started when i was little. we used to watch national lampoons christmas vacation and have hickory farms on christmas eve. mom decided that wasn't a good tradition on christmas eve, so now they watch christmas vacation and have hickory farms on another night. paul and i watch polar express, have hickory farms and some sparkling soda. a great tradition that i hope we do with our kids. what would make the night better? if it were snowing outside. i love traditions...

-ash

7 comments:

Becky said...

Hickory Farms and I go way back. No holiday is complete with out beef stick and cheese...their spicy mustard is fabulous too. Can I recommend a cheese ball? Anita and I were professional cheese ball rollers, spending many a night forming them into perfect balls or logs, dipping them in nuts. This was back when the Hickory Farms store was in the University Mall. I think we were juniors in High school. Good time! And I still love cheeseballs...

Birrell Family said...

That's so funny Becky! Ash & I went to the mall kiosk and she bought Hickory Farms. I asked the lady if she knew you and she didn't, but she knew Sarah and Vernon B. your boss. She said Srah was slowing down, but still up and around. She had been there about an hour before us. When I think of Hickory Farms, I think of you. But then I think of you all the time :)

Birrell Family said...

Hey Ash
Did you hear it was going to snow everyday this next week? Yippee Skippee!!! I can just picture you and your Pauly having your special snuggling night. Good for you! How did you like that Raspberry Mustard? Love Mom

The Hansens said...

Fun and YUM!! I LOVE beef stick with cheese and ritz! Brians dad taught it to me a couple of Christmas's ago and I am now adicted!

Brittany and Scott said...

sounds like a fun tradition. have you seen polar express at the imax. quite the experience.

Birrell Family said...

Have you been so busy with 'sister time' that you haven't had time to blog? What are you up to... I am going crazy! Love Mom

Becky said...

Okay Ashlee, I've had enough beef stick...I'll blog this weekend if you do! Lets give your mom something to read and comment on! Love you. PS My life is just not as exciting as hers.