Wednesday, December 24, 2008

christmas eve

paul and i have the tradition of sleeping over at his mom's house the night before christmas eve, spending time with his brothers and sisters. usually the boys play basketball and the girls chat on the sidelines cheering them on. it is a lot of fun. paul's mom makes a ton of food. i mean a ton. there is no way we can eat it all. 
this year, it was just betty, paul, matthew, heidi and i. very quiet and peaceful. we played games, ate, the best part is that betty found some childhood pictures of paul. i have been waiting to see some for the last 6 years. i was so excited to finally have some. i will post some of my favorites later on. 
matthew and heidi taught us to play smash brothers, we played apples to apples and watched movies. it was a great time. 
we came home and headed to mom and dad's house to do the pj's and book tradition. mom also started a great tradition. about 1 month ago, she asked for pictures from 2007 that i had taken. she made a 40 minute slideshow of all the things we had done throughout the year. boy has the year passed by. we left mom and dad's and headed home to fall asleep before santa came. 
-ash

2 comments:

Becky said...

Bet Paul's mom loved having you guys over. Traditions give us something to look forward to each year. Heard about that slide show. It was the highlight of your mom's evening too. You all were on my mind all night...and all I can say is God is so good to bless us with family!

Anonymous said...

What is your book tradition with your family?

I love the idea of a slide show at the end of each year! I am thinking of doing a video montage of our girls for Linc's b-day in May, but a slide show might be easier. Thanks for the idea!

And what I would give for pictures of Linc from his childhood! His mom just didn't take a lot and I bet I won't get my hands on them until she is either really old or gone or something.