Sunday, February 8, 2015

What's in the Crust?

I was asked to make dessert for our Sunday dinner gathering, and decided to make easy cheese pie. Yesterday afternoon, I got the ingredients out to make the crust, and noticed I was short a few graham crackers. I wasn't about to go to the store, so I thought... "I'll add some bran flakes". So I did; about 1/4 cup. Pulsed the graham crakers and the bran flakes together, added the sugar and butter. The crust was a little crunchy, but heck, there's butter and sugar in it, and it tasted really good. I couldn't taste the bran flakes at all. Put the rest of the pie together and was thrilled to have it done for sunday.
Paul dished up the pie and people started eating. Before I knew it, mom and Linds were complaining about the crust. I admit, it was a little crunchier, but it was still really good. I ignored them until finally I had to admit there was a little bran flakes. I don't know if I will hear the end of it! I'll have to make something next time to wipe this "horrid" memory from their minds. At least I helped them with fiber:)
-ash



No comments: