Jack was enjoying some popcorn. He took a handful and went to play with some toys. A few minutes later, he turned to me pointing at his nose. I looked up his nose and saw something, but I thought it was just a booger. A few minutes after that, he was still messing around with his nose. I looked again, and thought "you've got to be kidding me!" Jack put a kernel up his nose. I thought for sure, he had missed that stage. I was wrong. I'm pretty sure he knew he was in a bit of trouble. I took him to the bathroom and made several attempts to get it out. I used his nose sucker, I tried to have him blow his nose over and over again (which he just couldn't do, he kept inhaling really hard), tweezers and a prayer. Finally, I looked at him and sternly told him we would get it out because I was not going to go to the hospital! He started crying after that, and I felt really bad. I gave him a big hug and told him I loved him. I then remembered I had a little "tool" to help clean my cuticles. It would be perfect. It took a couple tries, but then out it popped.
I have been wondering ever since... what is the thought process of of a little kid who looks at something small, and thinks it goes up the nose? What part of that is okay, or a good idea? Not sure if I'll ever find that answer. Hopefully, he won't do it again.
-ash
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment