Sunday, January 20, 2013

first haircut

his hair needed something...a cut...but i didn't know what to do. jack isn't one to sit still, or to have his limbs contained. plus, a haircut meant that he would look more like a little boy than my baby. i wasn't sure if i was ready, but i will never be ready.
i got some advice from friends and family. some said to cut while he slept, use the buzzers, give him a sucker, take him to a salon where they specialize in kids cuts, etc. i opted for the sucker and hopefully i would be fast.
the sucker was a brilliant idea. well, at least for the 1st half-ish. then he got bored and wanted a comb, and then saw his hair on the counter. he thankfully didn't care about the scissors. the only bad thing about the sucker was the hair...we had to take the sucker away a couple of times to rinse off the hair before he put it in his mouth. i was so glad to have paul and mom there to help. phoebe watched and would say "look, jackie's hair!" "oh jackie" "lala, you're cutting jackie's hair?".
i think it turned out pretty good...considering his constant moving and a mom doesn't really know how to cut hair. now just look at him...
-ash

3 comments:

Becky said...

I started laughing when I saw these pictures. I don't know what I loved most.. Jack's little pudgy body or that beautiful smile of yours Ash that shines with love. The sucker was a great idea. And you're right, the finished haircut makes him look like a big boy :)

Kat said...

he is absolutely the cutEST1

miss ali said...

K, I love his little side part. That kid is so dang cute!