pie crust-
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 c. butter, cold and cut into pieces
3-6 tbl ice water
in a food processor, combine flour, salt and sugar. add butter and pulse into a coarse meal. add water 1 tbl at a time until the dough holds together when pinched. do not overwork. turn out onto a floured surface and roll into a pie crust. bake as directed...
quiche-
bacon (cooked and broken into pieces)
1 medium onion (sauteed)
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 tsp salt
dash of ground nutmeg
1 1/2 c. swiss cheese
1 tbl flour
bake crust at 450* covered for 8 minutes. remove cover and bake for 5 minutes more. take out of oven. reduce heat to 325*.
in a medium bowl stir together eggs, milk, salt and nutmeg. stir in the bacon and onion. toss the flour and cheese together. add to egg mixture; mix well.
pour egg mixture into the hot pie crust. bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is cooked all the way through. let stand 10 minutes before serving. enjoy
-ash
3 comments:
How am I supposed to go eating good when I read your blog? You tempt me to make these delicious recipes. I'll have to try the quiche, Jake loves them.
I am walking distance away... let me know when it comes out of the oven :)
I've never thought to try butter in a crust, just always have used Crisco. I'll use your recipe next time...here I am learning from you. My how the tables flip flop!
Post a Comment