Tuesday, November 11, 2008

to a point

i don't know what has taken me so long to get to my breaking point...i wonder if it is the heartburn, the cupcake look, the 'chin' in some pictures, not sleeping well, breaking out, or just plain tired of looking the way i do...but i have hit it. i really want to take care of myself, eat healthy, eat at the dinner table (which we have done maybe twice our entire marriage), get a good 8 hours of sleep, be more active, enjoy life to the fullest, develop my talents, and just be me (in a healthier way of course). i guess this is really for me to remind me of my goal, to take better care of myself, create good habits now, and enjoy all that life has to offer. i am not really over weight, but i am uncomfortable...needs to be solved
here is my discovery...i was at a work meeting tonight talking about our food weaknesses. mine is totally bread and butter (much better together). i can eat chocolate/sugar sparingly (i made chocolate mint chip cookies and didn't have one...see the self control?), but put me in front of shirley's cinnamon/orange/raspberry roll and i am out of control. i can eat easily two or three in one sitting. mind you, not pasta...but flour, yeast and butter...hopefully realizing my problem will help solve my problem...crap, thought of one more BIG weakness...ben & jerry's half baked icecream!
-ash



2 comments:

Birrell Family said...

Mine are B&J Cherry Garcia, BBQ Potato Chips and Chocolate. Casseroles too... expecially for breakfast. Oh and chocolate malts. I can see why I have problems, I am a weak person when it comes to my favorite foods. HELP!! Our 'Biggest Loser Birrell Family' will be fun! Love Mom

affinity said...

Hi Ashlee,
I found your blog through Kim's blog. The Ben and Jerry's part caught my attention. I'm guilty too. I've switched to the half baked low fat. It's not as good, but almost guilt free. My family did the "Biggest Loser" together too and I lost 40 lbs!!! Good luck.
Emily Booth (Packham)