Wednesday, November 5, 2008

i don't get it...

i have never seen the movie the nightmare before christmas, so on halloween, paul and i borrowed it from scott and jill. we sat and watched...what did i think?...i had my friend natasha in utter shock that i had never seen it, and audrey told me she listens to the soundtrack while she studies...hmmm. i don't think i liked it. i am a very traditional christmas lover! i love santa claus, the bright red and green, twinkle lights and eggnog. i love the holiday season. plus, i didn't like the characters of halloween town. they were kind of creepy. to top it off, one of the kids in the movie got a head for christmas! a head!!! granted it was a creative movie, but i don't think i would ever watch it again. not a fan... i did love big fish. that was an adorable one. now i can at least say i watched it...
-ash

5 comments:

Beth said...

I feel the same way! I never understood everyone's big hoo-ha over the movie especially after I watched it! Glad I'm not the only one :)

Audrey said...

I am totally totally on your side Ash! I don't like it either!! Can I say creepy????

Natasha & Jacob said...

I love that movie! I could see how people wouldn't like little kids kidnapping Santa Claus and giving him to a giant blob. But it had a happy ending!

Birrell Family said...

Not a fan. At all. That is 2 hours you will never get back. Love Mom

marnie and brett talbot said...

We watched it this last Halloween for the first time too. While Marnie just thought it was creepy, I think I stayed up most of the night thinking I was going to be kidnapped by freakish lil' monsters!!